ketchup & mustard

March 7, 2011

{image source}

home cookin' again! this time i give thanks to bittman. if you don't own any of mark bittman's cookbooks, i highly suggest you remedy that straight away. i'm such a fan of "how to cook everything vegetarian," i contemplated pulling a julie/julia project. fleeting, silly thoughts.

anyway, so for dinner i made two entrees which i will make again. as side dishes.

spicy ketchup braised tofu
. this was delicious but intense. giddyup if you like ketchup! if this isn't your bag, at least try the tofu technique. it's quite easy & tasty.

potato salad with mustard vinaigrette. a stodgy side dish made current with strong flavors.

if you want to push your favorite condiments to the limit, do try these. but maybe pair them with less eager main courses.

1 comment:

  1. Ooohhh....I bet that spicy ketchup braised tofu would be delicious with my homemade ketchup! I loved that ketchup! Makes me want to make it again! Maybe I will, just to be able to make that recipe. Oh, and Julie/Julia project?!?!? That would be AWESOME!!! You know I'd be your biggest fan!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for stopping by!